The Path Not Taken
The Path Not Taken shipset version 1.3, the final version barring disaster, has been completed and released. The 15-file version is already up at Datamaster's, and is ready for download. Thanks to my favorite wedged-tailed eagle, Peter "Mad Dog" Rowney, the entire 13-meg download is now available as a single file!
For modem users or people with less-reliable connections, Datamaster's Website has graciously hosted the shipset, split into no less than fifteen files, one less than a megabyte in size. The included batch file will combine these 15 zip files into the shipset for you.
|Installer, Path Not Taken version 1.3 (31 kb)
Part 1, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 2, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 3, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 4, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 5, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 6, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Part 7, Path Not Taken version 1.3
Place all 15 zip files in the same directory. Unzip the contents of "PathInstall.zip" into this directory, and run the batch file "install.bat". It does everything else for you.
This latest version makes several important corrections to the Union campaign:
- Two redundant OPTs have been removed from the shipset file, reducing
the shipset's file size by about 600 kb. The two redundant OPTs
were the T-Wing and R-41; why I included them in the shipset at all,
I can't fathom.
- Union Mission 11: friendly heavy lifter will now arrive when
E-Wing is disabled.
- Union Mission 12: the unreasonably extreme distances the player
is forced to cover have been shortened considerably.
- Union Mission 13: timing errors with in-flight messages have
- Union Mission 17: timing errors with in-flight messages have
- Union Mission 21: the failed debreifing text for a previous
mission was actually copied-and-pasted in front of mission 21's
text briefing. This has been corrected. God knows how I missed
this the first time around...
- Minor spelling and grammatical corrections to the Union Campaign
- Coalition Mission 25: failure of an enemy flight group to arrive made the mission unbeatable; this was corrected in version 1.2.
Version 1.2's updated mission
For those of you who want the updated mission in version 1.2, don't want to download all 15 parts all over again for it, and understand the principles of using .GOB utilities, here is the single file updated in Path version 1.2. This belongs in the TRAIN directory in the Path1_1.GOB file.
Version 1.3's updated missions
Just as well, several mission were updated and debugged more effectively for version 1.3, and these mission are offered here for GOB-friendly users to update their older version of PNT, without having to download all 15 parts yet again. All files belong in the TRAIN directory in the Path1_2.GOB file.
Shipset Launcher Download
Also, to use this shipset, you must have a copy of Connor's incredible Shipset Launcher, which will automatically install the shipset into XvT, and then clean it away when you're through playing it.
Files not loading? Keep getting disconnected? Here are some first-rate automated download software packs to help you get what you're looking for. They can even re-start a download where they left off if you get disconnected!
- Go!zilla My personal preference.
- FileHound A newcomer on the scene, but a good one.
- Net Vampire A tried-and-true download program.
- GetRight Still in beta, but a popular package none the less.